If you want to install Maven the building tool in Linux Ubuntu you have to install Java first. I already explained how to install Java in this post.
I recently downloaded Ubuntu 18.04 and I didn’t like the usibility of their new Desktop, so I decided to change it to the old gnome classic.
In this screencast I will show you how to install Oracle Java 8 on Linux Ubuntu 15.10.
In the following are the linux commands used in the screencast:
- Add webupd8team repository: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
- Update the list of ubuntu repositories: sudo apt-get update
- Download and install Oracle Java 8: sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer
- Setting the environment variables for Oracle Java 8: sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-set-default
- Check if the installation of java is successful: java -version